- When do I have access to the venue on my wedding day?
- Exclusive use of all spaces for Saturday and Sunday weddings begins at 8:00 AM the day of your event and ends at 12:00 midnight. Friday weddings have use of the facility from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM on Thursday as well as 8:00 AM - 12:00 midnight the day of the event. Guest departure and all wedding party shall leave the facility with all personal belongings by 12:00 midnight. Decorations, vendor items, and rentals will also need to be scheduled for removal prior to 12:00 midnight.
- What is the timing for a ceremony rehearsal?
- A ceremony rehearsal time is guaranteed on the Thursday prior to your wedding. Times are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis after 5:00 PM in the evening. You can add additional time to your reservation 30 days prior to your event if nothing is scheduled or you can book the venue the entire day before your wedding to guarantee a day before rehearsal.
- What bar packages do you offer?
- Our bar packages are customized to your needs—we don't have one set package or a minimum required purchase. When couples book the venue, we talk about how they want to evening to go, what they would like to serve, and what their budget is—we can make anything work for you! In the rental fee one bartender is included and all of the glassware.
- Do you allow the space to be decorated?
- Yes! We welcome decorations such as flowers, candles, lighting, etc. We do not allow anything to be applied to the walls or building that will cause damage.
- May we use the fire pit?
- Use of the fire pit is permitted and will be turned on by Ashton Hill staff during your event. Children under 12 are not permitted in the fire pit area unattended.
- Are dogs permitted at the farm?
- Animals are allowed indoors during your event, however, they must be monitored at all times. If you would like to include your pet in your ceremony or for pictures, they can remain outside, on a leash, and must be monitored at all times. You must pre-arrange for an animal caretaker when booking the venue.
- Is there adequate space in the parking lot for my event?
- Our parking lot accommodates 90 cars. Please note that it can be difficult for large buses and limos to pull directly in front of the building. Please keep this in mind when booking your transportation.
- What type of music is permitted?
- The Grand Barn venue is designed for everything from DJs to full dance bands and we have electricity for outdoor music.
- Can we use wish lanterns in our departure?
- No. Due to county fire restrictions, we do not allow wish lanterns.
- When do I have access to the Preparation Suites?
- Full access begins at 8:00 AM on the day of your event (Thursday if you are a Friday wedding). You may leave your belongings in both suites for the duration of the event, but all personal items must be collected by the end of your event.
- What is included in the Preparation Suites?
- One of the suites has a full en-suite bathroom with toilet, sink and vanity, makeup counter with stools, and outlets. In the main space, there is space for dressing, mirrors, places to hang clothing as well as comfortable furnishings, Wi-Fi, Keurig, mini fridge, and snack area.
The other Preparation Suite includes space for dressing and rack for clothing, comfortable furnishings, TV, Wi-Fi, Keurig, mini fridge, en-suite bathroom, and snack area.
- Can we bring our own hairstylist and makeup artist?
- Yes! The day is yours to bring anyone who can help in your pre-wedding preparations. We have stylists and makeup artists we have worked with and you can book through Ashton Hill if you need help in selecting a makeup artist or stylist.
- May we bring in an outside caterer?
- Yes, we require you to arrange your own catering and can assist in the selection process. We have guidelines for caterers which will be provided to you at your contract signing. We are happy to arrange for breakfast, lunch, or additional snacks in the bridal suite and grooms lounge during pre-wedding preparations. You also have the option to book our in-house partner, the Rafters, that we highly recommend.
- Do you provide our desserts and wedding cake?
- Yes, we would love to! We have a full-service dessert catering sister company called Take the Cake and are happy to discuss your wedding dessert dream with you. If you choose, you may also bring your own desserts or have them catered by another vendor as we realize we may not provide every type/style of dessert. However, there is an additional/plating charge for Ashton Hill to serve your wedding cake if you use an outside vendor.
- Do you offer a dessert menu tasting? If so, when?
- Yes. The dessert tasting will take place can take place any time you are ready! We encourage you to try desserts during the season of your wedding as we have a seasonally-inspired menu with different flavors for every time of year! We are happy to discuss pricing, dessert, and display options with you when you book the venue for your special day.
- When do you need final head count?
- Final food and beverage guest count numbers will be confirmed 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Does the bar include non-alcoholic drinks?
- Yes. We offer soft drinks and other non-alcoholic bar standards (i.e. club soda, tonic water, and juice).
- What kind of bar packages do you offer?
- We work with each client on an individual basis to determine your bar needs. We know every wedding has a budget and vision for the day so we will work with you! If you have questions about bar pricing, we will be happy to speak with you!
- What does the rental fee include?
- * Use of entire property from 8:00 AM – 12:00 Midnight
* Seating for 325 on Main Floor
* 325 Solid Wood Winery Chairs
* 10 Round and 35 Solid Farmwood Tables for reception
* White Floor length Linens
* Set-up of chairs for outdoor or indoor ceremony
* Set-up and tear-down of all reception tables and chairs
* Preparation Suites with en-suite bathrooms
* All bartenders and all bar glassware
* All bussing staff
* Full Prep Kitchen
* Temperature-controlled space indoors
* Outdoor Patio Furniture
* Outdoor Gas Fire Pits
* End-of-event cleaning services
* Ceremony coordination
- Can you recommend local vendors?
- Visit the Galena "Event Professionals" page and click on Our Vendors for a list of local resources.
- Does Ashton Hill provide a stage for the band, A/V equipment, and additional up-lighting?
- No. We do not have a stage nor do we have A/V equipment. We would highly recommend using amplification for your outdoor ceremony.
PROGRAM & FACILITY
FOOD & BEVERAGE